Fulfilment Agency Manager
Flexible Location in the UK
£42,014 Per Annum based on 35 hours per week
Are you a strategic thinker with exceptional fundraising and project management skills? Are you passionate about British Red Cross and what we stand for?
A day in the life of a Fundraising Manager looks like
On-going account management, campaign briefing, quality assurance of data and full reconciliation of financial transactions, as well as archiving and record management in compliance with finance and HMRC audit requirements. You will uphold our high standards, regularly assessing these agencies to test that service levels are met, weaknesses and issues identified and working with our partners to continuously improve service delivery.
Working closely with our fulfilment agencies to deliver a variety of fundraising campaigns within SLA while maintaining our high standards in income and data management so that all records are reconciled and available for audit.
To be a successful fundraising manager you’ll be:
Proficient user of CRM databases with the ability to build queries and extract large data sets for analysis.
Able to translate complex service needs into operational briefs that can easily be followed and understood.
Confident communicator with the ability to tailor your content dependent on situation and audience.
Passionate about data quality, ensuring that it is updated methodically and all problems are handled to completion
A good problem solver, persistent and logical in approach
Attention to detail with honed analysis skills that will allow you to pre-empt problems before they happen.
Understanding of fundraising methods, including cash, raffle and lotteries and how these are regulated.
A confident user of standard Microsoft products, including Word and Excel
Experienced in managing relationships with suppliers, including delivering briefs and performance monitoring
Implementing clear and auditable systems that will withstand external scrutiny, particularly in respect of data and financial management.
Experienced in implementing, reviewing and updating practises and processes in a cross-team environment.
Experienced in working in fundraising environment with the understanding of direct marketing activities used to generate income.
End date for applications is 26th August 2023. However, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early dependant on the volume of applications.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
• Holidays – You’ll get 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) and the option to buy an additional 5 days leave.
• Pension scheme– We offer up to 6% contributory pension.
• Flexible working – We will do what we can to make sure you work in a way that suits you
• Learning & Development Opportunities – We are one of the UK’s largest charities and have a wide range of career opportunities. We also provide comprehensive learning opportunities for staff to develop themselves.
• Discounts – You’ll have access to brilliant discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits platform.
• Wellbeing Support – Staff wellbeing is always priority. You’ll have access to mental health and wellbeing support.
• Team Working – You will be working as part of a team that is supporting our mission of helping people in crisis.
• Cycle2Work -The cycle to work scheme enables you to lease a bicycle.
• Season ticket loan – We offer an interest free loan to buy a season ticket for travel between home and work.
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.