Job Title: Assistant Shop Manager
Job Location: British Red Cross, 70 Albany Road, Cardiff CF24 3RS
Salary: £20,909 per annum based on 35 hour week
Hours: 35 hours per week (Includes weekend working on a rota basis)
Contract Type: Permanent
Are you a retail superstar who is passionate about helping make a difference?
The British Red Cross is looking for a dynamic Assistant Shop Manager to join our friendly team in our Cardiff Albany charity shop. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your retail skills whilst contributing to our caus e of helping people in the local community, across the UK, and abroad.
"I'm not delivering to a profit target to enhance someone's personal wealth - I'm making a real, visible contribution to supporting the work of my chosen charity" - Joanne, Regional Retail Manager
A day in the life of an Assistant Shop Manager will involve:
Supporting the shop manager to run a profitable, customer-focussed shop that is the 'window of the British Red Cross' on the high street. From working on the shop floor, to coordinating activity “behind the scenes”, no two days are the same.
Creating a brilliant shopping environment and provide an excellent customer experience in store.
Supporting the shop manager to oversee a team of dedicated volunteers, assisting with their induction, management, and development.
To be a successful Assistant Shop Manager:
Do you have the experience and know-how from working in a shop environment?
Can you provide an excellent customer experience, support a team, and meet people from all walks of life?
Are you commercially savvy with a good understanding of financial targets and measures?
Do you know your way around a keyboard?
Are you happy to be flexible? (Weekend working will be required as part of a rota).
The closing date for your application is 23.59 on Sunday 30th July.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you’ll get:
• Holidays: 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) + option to buy 5 extra days.
• Pension scheme: Up to 6% contributory pension.
• Flexible working: We do our best to accommodate your preferred work style.
• Learning & Development: Wide range of career opportunities + comprehensive learning.
• Discounts: Access to Blue Light Discount Card and employee benefits platform.
• Wellbeing Support: Access to mental health and wellbeing assistance.
• Team Working: Support our mission in a collaborative team.
• Cycle2Work: Lease a bicycle through the scheme.
• Season ticket loan: Interest-free loan for commuting expenses
At The British Red Cross, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff and volunteers. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination. We do this through regular data reporting, and the support of our internal Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, our Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network and Youth Network.
Connecting human kindness with huma n crisis